> Nintendo eShop crashes on Christmas Day
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
 Posted: Dec 27 2013, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

Awards: None

The eShop on the Wii U and 3DS, as well as the Wii's Wii Shopping Channel and the DSi's DSi Shop, all crashed on Christmas day.
---
Ugh, I'm so stressed out right now. I went to download Ace Attorney Dual Destinies yesterday for Christmas on the 3DS eShop and I got an error. Turns out the respective shops for all Nintendo systems are not working due to the sudden influx of people connecting to it. Pokemon Bank, an app that allows users to transfer Pokemon from G5 into G6 via a cloud storage system, was released in Japan a couple days ago. That, and the combination of people getting the 3DS and Wii U for Christmas and updating them, as well as people downloading games for Christmas and updating games they already own (without the latest Pokemon X & Y update, players cannot use online features) caused the eShop for both the Wii U and 3DS to crash at the same time (same time due to the fact that they now share the same network thanks to the new Nintendo Network ID system, which likely also contributed to the crash). So, because of this, Pokemon Bank has been pulled from Japan's eShop, and has been delayed for the US, it was supposed to be released here tomorrow, on the 27th, but as of now, the release date is unknown.

The issue for the Wii U & 3DS occurred 2:08am Pacific Time on Christmas day, and they've been working every once in a while for a couple minutes at a time, but not long enough to where many people were able to go through the process of buying a game. I as well as many others have been waiting for two days now to buy a game. Nintendo is aware of this and said they're working on it, but as of now it's unknown how long it will take them to fix the issue.

So, how long do you all think it will take for Nintendo to work things out? Do you think they should have been more prepared for all these users at once? I personally think they should have seen it coming.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
WarioMan
 Posted: Dec 27 2013, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Warioware fanatic
Member No.: 15

I only heard a bit about it until now. I guess all we can do at this point is wait it out, especially until I'm able to get NES Remix along with the upcoming Dr. Luigi on the Wii U...

--------------------
"Faster than a donut! Stronger than cardboard! I am Wario-Man!!" ~Wario (from WarioWare: Touched!)

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra (from Neo Contra)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
-A very special thanks to Kenshin (aka. Yumifan) for these sigs.-
PM
^
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
 Posted: Dec 27 2013, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (WarioMan @ Dec 27 2013, 01:23 AM)
I only heard a bit about it until now. I guess all we can do at this point is wait it out, especially until I'm able to get NES Remix along with the upcoming Dr. Luigi on the Wii U...

Oh hey, it's back up! Now I need to wait until my dad wakes up so he can buy the game for me.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins