> Puffy AmiYumi in 2015
ChadFox
 Posted: Dec 18 2015, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Awards: None

I know this community isn't very active in 2015, but nevertheless, I see the staff and other members occasionally log in. If this is THE place to discuss Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi on the internet, then that makes me VERY sad to know that this show is about to die completely. I mean, only 46 people at a time have been on here at once, so this fan base is very very small. Lots of people have forgotten about this show, but I don't want it to die. It gives me a great feeling and a sense of nostalgia personally, despite my long review of the show.

How about this? All of the members that come and visit here, how about we talk about this show in the year 2015? Does it still hold up? I mean, this show could've been so much, and it was. Well, until Cartoon Network decided to just scrap the show altogether. Based on what Ben said, the show was actually the second most popular show. Now people have forgotten about it, but for the fans who still exist, we want it back. It's been nine (almost TEN years) since the show was cancelled, so does it still hold up?

In my personal opinion, it does. What do you guys believe?

--------------------
Believe it or not, the show actually makes two references of Yumi pooping. Gross. lol
PM
^
The G-man
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

It's very humble to see someone like you try to find what reminds of the fandom of Hi Hi. This is an old forum of an old era. It alarms me how I spent most of my childhood here.

The show can't exist today, but it deserves a proper burial in my opinion. At its time, it was given a harsh and abrupt cancellation. There were five episodes that weren't released in English that, in my best wishes, were released. I think that the series being properly released in the form of a downloadable box set would be great way to properly end the show. It will likely never happen due to it just not gaining the same momentum that Foster's Home and Teen Titans did. It is still cruel how such a humble show got thrown to the side like a failed project but I come to theorize that it was possible legal reasons why the show ended. Perhaps being in cahoots with a Japanese pop band was foreseen to be a burden for the network at the time but that's just wild speculation. What ever the case may be, I still hope for some conclusion. It was my childhood, a show that my kid self loved for some damned reason or another. So much of an obsession that I join this forums predecessor forum which I forgot the name of. It had a much larger community but was torn apart due to time forgotten e-drama. Yumifan created Puffy AmiYumi Dreams and then made a second version, which is this site here. I lot of those folks I wish I could have talked with more. I was a little one when the predecessor was closed down.

Speaking of that, there was a blog where renegade would post behind the scenes stuff of the show. That closed down a long time ago but it warms my heart to remember when there was a community. I am 19, near 20, and I am a college student. A lot of time has passed since than but it warms and pains my heart that I am thinking about it now.

Looking back, Hi Hi was a mediocre show with lots of charm and lots of sentimental value for me.
Thank you for asking.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
^
ChadFox
 Posted: Dec 21 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (The G-man @ Dec 19 2015, 02:46 AM)
It's very humble to see someone like you try to find what reminds of the fandom of Hi Hi. This is an old forum of an old era. It alarms me how I spent most of my childhood here.

The show can't exist today, but it deserves a proper burial in my opinion. At its time, it was given a harsh and abrupt cancellation. There were five episodes that weren't released in English that, in my best wishes, were released. I think that the series being properly released in the form of a downloadable box set would be great way to properly end the show. It will likely never happen due to it just not gaining the same momentum that Foster's Home and Teen Titans did. It is still cruel how such a humble show got thrown to the side like a failed project but I come to theorize that it was possible legal reasons why the show ended. Perhaps being in cahoots with a Japanese pop band was foreseen to be a burden for the network at the time but that's just wild speculation. What ever the case may be, I still hope for some conclusion. It was my childhood, a show that my kid self loved for some damned reason or another. So much of an obsession that I join this forums predecessor forum which I forgot the name of. It had a much larger community but was torn apart due to time forgotten e-drama. Yumifan created Puffy AmiYumi Dreams and then made a second version, which is this site here. I lot of those folks I wish I could have talked with more. I was a little one when the predecessor was closed down.

Speaking of that, there was a blog where renegade would post behind the scenes stuff of the show. That closed down a long time ago but it warms my heart to remember when there was a community. I am 19, near 20, and I am a college student. A lot of time has passed since than but it warms and pains my heart that I am thinking about it now.

Looking back, Hi Hi was a mediocre show with lots of charm and lots of sentimental value for me.
Thank you for asking.

This... makes me very sad. Nostalgia is both a great and a painful feeling. sad.gif

The strangest part is, I never actually seen the show until maybe July of this year. The nostalgia part comes in from the fact that it was around when I was in like the second or third grade. I HAD the opportunity to watch it, but I never did. I thought it was a show for girls, and I basically avoided it as a result. I should mention that the nostalgia kicks in from the fact that I used to watch the Scooby Doo 2: Monster's Unleashed movie all the time, and it contained the Puffy song "Friends Forever." Back then, this song was a massive guilty pleasure of mine, but I never listened to it mainly because I wanted to avoid any ridicule of the sort. I almost forgot about it, though, until this year. It just... popped into my mind. I was brought back ten years into the past, and regret never seeing the show... for the most part. I wrote a BIG review of the series in another thread about a few weeks ago, and I think you ought to go check it out.

So... in 2015, I feel like this show was alright for the time being. For what it's worth, I don't know if a reboot would be such a good idea for a few reasons. For one, the show was created solely for the purpose of showing off a band. From what I've heard, they're essentially a passed fad by now, so rebooting this show would need some more songs by them, and some other things. I had the idea that maybe they could be something totally separate from the actual Puffy band if a reboot is made. Well... in all honesty, I have no idea what I'm trying to say, other than the fact that a reboot might not work due to the actual band, unless they're willing to be a part of again.

That's just my three cents on the whole thing. I suppose the show needs a proper burial, like you said. When you mentioned the downloadable box, I'm thinking they should at least have the courage to release all 39 episodes on DVDs in a box set or something... or at least put the episodes on iTunes. Well, I happen to have the two American DVDs with four episodes each, so that's a plus. Maybe perhaps I can obtain the Japanese ones. wink.gif

--------------------
Believe it or not, the show actually makes two references of Yumi pooping. Gross. lol
PM
^
Jetblackheartgirl92
 Posted: Mar 7 2016, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

I watch episodes of hi hi puffy ami yumi on an amazing website that has all 39 episodes of the show.
http://www.watchcartoonsonline.com
Just look for hi hi puffy ami yumi on the site it should take you there. 😊

--------------------
user posted image
Staaay fresh!-calie and Marie,splatoon

user posted image
"You mess with me your playing with fire! I'm Glitter Sunny!"-Kelesy glitter sunny from Glitter Force
user posted image
"Cool, swift as the winter wind. I'm glitter breeze!"- chloe/glitter breeze from glitter force
user posted image
Some of my favorite glitter sunny Japanese songs ever
One for all http://christylovesmikey92.tumblr.com/post...l-smile-precure
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Sans
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 239

heh, necro'd

oh, and im waiting for 2016 hihi puffy amiyumi reboot (if they ever make one, or else they are in for a bad THYME. heh, bad puns rule)

--------------------
user posted image
just your average skeleton.

oh, i also love this show, heh
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins