Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (17) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Love4Yumi's Review Station, Video games, movies, shows, top 10's,
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Sep 19 2010, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Awards: None

Today, I'm going to review what is regarded as the "black sheep" of the series... That's right... The Ratchet & Clank series... It's time for...

RATCHET: DEADLOCKED
user posted image

This is the 4th game in the Ratchet & Clank series developed by Insomniac Games & the last one the company would make for the PS2.

The game begins with a superhero getting vaporized by someone named Ace Hardlight who evil laughs in triumph. The game also picks up after the events of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal with Ratchet now in charge of the Starship Phoenix with Clank & Big Al assisting him. They receive a message from the new mayor of Metropolis, former captatin Sasha, who informs the crew that the vaporized hero I mentioned earlier is dead & warns the crew about heroes being kidnapped & being forced to partake in a deadly game called DreadZone, run by the corrupt Gleeman Vox.

And mere seconds later, the Starship Phoenix is overrun by robotic goons who kidnap our heroes and take them to the shadow sector where Ratchet (without Clank who's in mission control in this game) must partake in DreadZone with the help of two used & rusty robots Merc & Green. And so the quest to escape DreadZone begins.

The game is quite diffirent from other Ratchet & Clank games in that it obviously focus more on combat & blowing *beep* up then actual platforming which may not be what R&C fans are used to. The weapon variety is much shorter, but they all have a use. (The Scorpion Flail, which is a spiked ball on a chain, is totally awesome!)

Also, Clank plays a very minor role in this game, serving more of a "tell you what to do" role.

This is also the only game in the R&C series which has co-op play (until Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is released next year) with Player 2 playing as "Alpha Clank" a Clank head on a robotic body. I guess it kind of makes up for Clank not really being a major part of the game.

If you have no friends to play with, you are given two combat bots called Merc & Green, each with their own personality. I admit, I think a co-op partner is more efficent then the bots, cause the bots don't have much in the way of firepower & seem to die all the time, forcing you to revive them, which is pretty bad in the heat of battle.

Speaking of, the combat in this game gets pretty intense, so much so that the game actually encounters slowdown on more then one occasion trying to keep up with it all. I'm always paranoid that it'll freeze up on me & I'll have to restart it.

You also get access to vehicles a lot in this game, frequently, you're driving a speedy hoverbike, an all-terrain vehicle known as the Puma, an armed Hovership & the biggest & baddest of them all... The Landstalker. (a big & slow spider-tank with rocket launchers on it) Personally, my favorite is the Puma. The Landstalker is strong & all, but it's slower then a sumo wrestler running a marathon & the challenges where you have to use the Landstalker to hit targets at a steady pace really irritate me.

Deadlocked is kind of lacking storywise, but then again, we might have been spoiled by Going Commando & Up Your Arsenal. The story for Deadlocked reminds me a lot of a more violent version of American Gladiators, but mabye that's just me.

This is also the first game of the series to have difficulty settings, something Quest For Booty & A Crack In Time both have. After you've beaten the game once, you unlock the "Exterminator" difficulty (Crack In Time has an unlockable difficulty called "Hardcore"). The game describes Exterminator mode as "impossible" & I would have to agree with that. In order to beat the game fully, you need to beat this mode & it's the biggest reason why Deadlocked is the hardest Ratchet & Clank game. Enemies can kill you in 1 or 2 hits, you have to score a ton more points then on easier modes & timed challenges are a lot more strict.

Deadlocked has multiplayer like Up Your Arsenal (and is also the last R&C game with multiplayer till All 4 One comes out) with some new modes. Juggernaut makes one player super powerful while everyone tries to take the player down & make themselves Juggernaut & kill everybody else. Whoever gets the most kills as juggernaut wins. It can get quite hectic & is definatly quite fun.

All in all, I would say this is Insomniac's experiment with the idea of combat > platforming & it works reasonably, if not amazingly.

SCORE 3/5

PROS
-Action & lots of it.
-Weapons are awesome.
-Vehicles are pretty fun.
-Co-op play.
-Juggernaut mode.
-Something new for the series.

CONS
-Game runs into slowdown problems
-Landstalker is clunky
-Exterminator difficulty is flipping impossible
-Lacking story
-No Clank
-Combat bots are not that useful in battle

Next time... We travel into the future... Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction... Only on the PS3.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Sep 19 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Great review.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks, Shaddie-chan. My loving sister.
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Sep 25 2010, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

My first review on a PS3 game is fittingly the first PS3 game I ever got on Christmas Day 2 years ago... It's time for...

RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE: TOOLS OF DESTRUCTION
user posted image

Except Mario, console mascots don't fare too well on next-gen systems, usually because the original developers have left the mascots in the hands of new developers as they set out with new projects for the next generation.

Crash Bandicoot & Spyro The Dragon are 2 examples of being left behind. Naughty Dog & Insomniac Games left Crash & Spyro to make Jak & Ratchet, leaving their old creations in the hands of Universial Studios, who tried to bring Crash & Spyro to the PS2 generation...

Crash & Spyro have failed to adapt to the PS2 & could never recapture their former glories & there have been no signs of Naughty Dog making Jak & Daxter on the PS3.

Insomniac Games must have learned of what the new developers did with Spyro, because they brought their PS2 creation into the future with Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction. So how does the PS3 treat a relic of a few years ago?

(60 seconds of playing later)
HOLY *BEEP*! THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!
The first level alone is the graphical masterpeice of the game & a definate showcase for what the PS3 is capable of producing. As the player heads out to fufill their objective, Metropolis is under seige & the graphical detail is phenominal with the city being attacked & the character models, it's simply amazing!

Now it's time to talk about the plot. Ratchet & Clank receive a distress call frm Captain Qwark at the Metropolis Planetary Defense Center. Apparently, the city is being attacked by "heavily, armed, robotic commandos" who are out to kill Ratchet. Eventually, Ratchet & Clank confront the leader of the attack... A tiny, nasty looking creature on a huge mechanical throne who goes by the name of Emperor Percival Tachyon. Tachyon is the "prince of the cragmites" who's out to destroy all the lombax creatures in the universe & wouldn't you know, Ratchet's the last of the lombaxes. (Guess Tachyon forgot about a few... Given a future R&C game) Ratchet & Clank make their escape & must learn the secret of Ratchet's species to save the universe while Clank gets rather vauge signs of the future from a mysterious race of creatures called the "Zoni".

On to the graphics... Oh wait, i guess quote: "Holy *beep*! This is totally awesome" summed it up perfectly. I especially love the character detail, getting Ratchet's fuzzy ears & tail in magnificent detail when you zoom in for precision weapon aiming.

Speaking of, what would an R&C game be without weapons? The variety is definatly as good as ever with standard weaons like the rocket launcher, blades that bounce off walls & the R.Y.N.O (now shooting kick-butt laser beams), but also a few new ones.

The Plasma Beasts drop gooey creatures on to the battlefield that spring out & surprise enemies. The Tornado Launcher is steered by tilting the controller, a unique motion experiance (take notice Playstation Move), a smart-mouth synthenoid known as Mr. Zurkon & the best gadget in the entire history of the R&C franchise... The GROOVITRON! Not only is this portable disco ball useful in dire situations, but it is hillarious to see your vicious enemies reduced to dancing while you blow them up or make your escape. It's only downside is that it's ammo is low so use it wisely & enjoy.

In other gameplay related things, the platforming is every bit as inventive & creative as ever, especially with a new gadget called the Gelenator to form jello cubes for you to bounce off of & the robo-wings, giving you a fly through the rings thing, much like classic Spyro. It's still as fluid & functional as ever.

The sound is very good with weapon explosions, screams, character diolouge & music all being top-caliber. Eventually, Ratchet & Clank confront a group of space pirates led by Captain Slag & boy, somebody over at Insomniac Games must really like the Pirates Of The Carribian movies cause it sounds just like something from those movies.

All in all, there really is nothing better an R&C fan could ask for from the shift from the PS2 to the PS3 & if anyone wanted a reason to own a PS3... Well, you're reading the review for it right now.

SCORE 5/5

PROS
-Graphics are absolutly incredible!
-Weapon variety is just as good as ever.
-Plot has a lot of twists that I won't spoil.
-Platforming elements are all top notch.
-Phonominal sound effects & great music for each & every level.

CONS
-I don't think there ARE any. Now that's saying something. Unless cliffhanger endings annoy you.

What's next for the series? Why downloadable games of course! Stay tuned for the review of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Sep 26 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Great review!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 11 2010, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Next up is a review of a downloadable game for the PS3 that took me forever to get...

RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE: QUEST FOR BOOTY
user posted image

Never seen this game in stores? That's because it's not at your local Gamestop. Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty is a downloadable game through the Playstation Network. It costs $15. Hmmm... That's awfully cheap for a video game (especially in these times). Is this one of Insomniac's experiments with the franchise? Let's find out some more about the game shall we?

This is the 2nd game in the Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy for the PS3. Well, I might as well call it "Ratchet: Quest For Booty" since Clank is non-existant in this game.

It follows the events of Tools Of Destruction with Ratchet searching for Clank, who got kidnapped by mysterious creatures known as zoni. Oops, just spoiled Tools Of Destruction didn't I? Anyway, Ratchet & his friend Talwyn (from Tools Of Destruction) seek a pirate who knew about the zoni called Captain Darkwater... But he's dead. Bad planning on their part. Anyway, the pirates capture them & shoot them out of a cannon to Hoolefar Island, where they continue their search for Clank.

So let's see.... Navigate pirate fleet... Fix wind turbines to restore island power... Go to dead pirate's grave... Foil undead pirates... Go get treasure... Fail to get treasure & have to face undead pirate leader in final battle.... Wait, final battle? It's over already?

Yes & that's the game's problem... It's WAY too short. It's length feels like something that could come from a McDonald's Happy Meal. Don't get me wrong, the game plays perfectly fine, has some clever & challenging puzzles even... But it's over so quickly, like a blazing comet in the night sky (I'm a poet, LOL).

Insomniac put a lot of effort into the graphics & this is a more puzzle-oriented game then previous R&C games. Speaking of previous R&C games, most of the weapons from Tools Of Destruction return... But you lose them after the first level & you don't really get them back till about the end of the game. I'm sorry, but taking weapons out of an R&C game is riddiculous.

If you have nothing better to do with your PSN money & want to complete your R&C collection, then go ahead. But you could honestly just look this up on Wikipedia & know all you need to know for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, the final chapter (for now at least) of the R&C future series.

SCORE 3/5

PROS
-Graphics are still astonishing for being a PSN download game.
-Weapons are all back... Although most of the game, you don't use them.
-Advances the story established in Tools Of Destruction.

CONS
-Too short
-No challenge mode, replay value is lacking.
-Wikipedia can tell you all you need to know.
-No weapons till near the end.

Next time on L4Y's Review Station, the final chapter of my "thrilling" R&C reviews... and my first ever installment of...

WOAH MOMENTS!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 12 2010, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Keep the reviews up!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 23 2010, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

The time has come... The final chapter of the R&C future series... For now at least...

RATCHET & CLANK FUTURE: A CRACK IN TIME
user posted image

While the game is being installed, the player is treated to an interview with superhero Captain Qwark who provides an "embellished" overview of the last 2 R&C games, Tools Of Destruction & Quest For Booty. After being reminded that Clank's capture was caused by Dr.Nefarious from Up Your Arsenal (SPOILER!!!), Qwark decides to "assist" Ratchet in finding his missing robot pal.

Meanwhile, in a mysterious facility, Clank is out cold while Dr.Nefarious tries to access something called the "Orvus Chamber". The zoni (Little floaty space pixie things) don't want Nefarious to access the chamber. Nefarious then unleashes a device called the Hypersonic Brainwave Scrambler, which forces the zoni to retreat &damages the power supply of the facility. Clank wakes up & escapes while the power is off.

And that's how the first level begins... With Clank fleeing a mysterious facility while Nefarious's goons cause destruction & chase the zoni around. Remember those "Woah Moments" I promised? Here's the first one.

1: Less then 30 seconds & I'm already fleeing for my life.
user posted image

After Nefarious & his troops leave for a mysterious reason (that I won't spoil), the facility is revealed to be something called The Great Clock, a facility involved with the operation of time itself & Clank has been chosen by someone named Orvus to watch over the place.

Will Ratchet & Clank ever reunite? Will Nefarious' latest evil scheme be foiled? Is it time to say goodbye to the dynamic duo for good?

The game plays in a similar manner to all the other R&C games, but the visual style is diffirent. It kinda makes me feel like I'm watching a cartoon in HD. It's really a good look for the series as it never does anything M-rated, so a cartoon look is fitting.

The gameplay is where it really shines though. Clank gets to navigate tricky time room puzzles that involve creating clones of yourself in order to pass through. It starts off pretty simple but by the end of the game, it takes a bit of smarts to figure the puzzles out especially the ones that get Gold Bolts (REALLY hard).

Ratchet also gets a new gameplay addition. Upon discovering a lombax rebel named Alister Azimuth (guess Tachyon forgot about him), Ratchet is given a pair of hoverboots. Anyone remember the Charge Boots from the past R&C games? This is the latest upgrade. With the old charge boots, you could only go a straight line with little steering, but the speed burst would fade. The hoverboots have an accelerator function for increased spped & can actually steer & help you bounce off certain walls, it's kinda like Sonic The Hedgehog at full speed.

But what R&C game is an R&C game without the crazy weapons? Classics like the talking synthenoid Mr.Zurkon, the rocket launcher Negotiator, & the dance-inducing Groovitron make a return along with exotic new weapons like the Sonic Eruptor (an alien sticked to a gun & firing destructive burps. It's crude but funny), Tesla Spikes (drop several & you can make an electric fence of doom), or the Rift Inducer (summoning an inter-dimensional being to eat your foes, boy would that backfire in real life). The weapons are once again a strength of the series & add to Insomniac's list of creative ideas.

#2: Just a typical weekend
user posted image

Also, instead of traveling from planet A to planet B, you can navigate through space & complete missions for local folk or land on nearby moons to collect gold bolts, weapon mods or rescue zoni. It really adds a GTA IV level of exploring.

#3: What a beautiful view... Just don't look down.
user posted image

And now for the story... Without spoiling too much. Quite simply, it's the most epic story I've ever seen from an R&C game. You won't know of Ratchet & Clank's fate until the very end. More & more of Nefarious' scheme gets revealed and Captain Qwark always has his moments (like taking in a bloodthirsty creature called a War Grok as a pet). And the final battle.... Within the great clock... For the fate of time... Is against...

*BEEEEEEEEEEP* And it's an epic battle as time falls apart all around them & after being defeated... *BEEEEEEP!*

Sorry, but I'm spoiling nothing about the epic ending.

To sum it all up, this is a true masterpeice of Insomniac Games & shows just how amazing they are in modern game development. Always adding new things like the hoverboots, zany weapons & Clank time puzzles keeps the series fresh & never tiresome as each game is diffirent from the other in signifigent ways.

SCORE: 5/5

PROS
-Great new look for the series.
-Lots of zany new weapons & loveable classic ones ("You thought you had seen the last of Mr. Zurkon")
-Most epic story from an R&C game ever.
-Inventive new gameplay mechanics to keep the series fresh.
-Exploring moons in a GTA like fashion.

CONS
-Uhhhhhhhhh......

POINTLESS FACT ALERT!
You can listen to radio channels while exploring space like Pirate Radio or House Of Synth & a breaking news report reveals that Angela Cross (from Going Commando) is indeed a lombax like Ratchet. HA! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!!

Next time, I think I'm going to go off on a certain Nintendo series that I just started noticing... Star Fox... In particular, a DS game... Till next time everybody. This is L4Y & I'll see you next time.

#4 Qwark has never looked better.
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 24 2010, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Great job on on the R&C reviews!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 30 2010, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Time for my first ever look at a franchise... Wait, I guess my first look at a franchise was my reviews of Ratchet & Clank. Anyway, I just recently noticed a Nintendo franchise.... Do these words sound familiar?

DO A BARREL ROLL!

Yep, the Star Fox series. Now I know it existed because of Super Smash Bros. but I never really cared... Till I saw a certain someone....

(whistles) If all vixens look like this & Renamon, sign me up.
user posted image

Enough about my choices in women, on to the series itself.

STAR FOX (SNES)
user posted image
Thank goodness! Where would we be without Slippy?

In the beginning, Star Fox was what people described as a "rail shooter". Basically, you moved straight ahead & shot things with lasers. It wasn't exactly a free-roam experiance.

The plot is basically you chase down a monkey-head thing named Andross who killed the main character Fox's dad. Not the greatest plot ever, but back then, video games were simple. Besides, Super Mario wasn't exactly a story-based game either.

STAR FOX 64
user posted image

To be perfectly honest, it's kind of a graphics remake of the original Star Fox with a Vs. mode & mabye a few cutscenes explaining what's going on.

STAR FOX ADVENTURES
user posted image

A launch title for the Gamecube (although to be honest, beating Super Smash Bros. Melee as a launch title would be a difficult feat).

Here is where it started up the idea of on-foot exploration & less barrel rolls. (Raises eyebrow) It kinda looks like a better graphics version of the Legend Of Zelda: Occarania Of Time demo in Smash Bros. Brawl. Let's see... Less barrel rolls... Less of shooting things with lasers... More exploration & fetch quests... And hello... Who do we have here?

Why the game is rated T for teen. (her best outfit in my humble opinion)
user posted image

The main plot deals with General Scales invading a dinosaur planet... Blah, blah, blah, let's stare at the blue vixen for a few hours.

So yeah, day is saved, Krystal joins Star Fox & inspires thousands of failed Krystal cosplay attempts the world over.

TO BE CONTINUED

NEXT TIME ON L4Y'S REVIEW STATION

(Secret image) "Simply stunning..."

(Discovers shocking truth) NOOOO!!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE! It's like I'm watching the Twilight saga.

Find out what happens in Part 2: The dim-witted finale.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 31 2010, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I wonder what happens next.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 31 2010, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

(Stares at Krystal)
I'm sorry, am I supposed to be talking about something? (Looks at script) Oh yes, right. Next up is...

STAR FOX: ASSAULT
user posted image

A sequal to Star Fox Adventures with similar on-foot exploration... But more barrel rolls & laser beams! Nothing could possibly distract me from giving a serious anaylsis about this game.

user posted image
Simply stunning.... Wait, what were we talking about?
Come on me... Get a hold of myself... I've got a franchise to write about...

Anyway, the plot deals with these evil insects called Aparoids who are invading the Lylat System &... &... (looks to his right) Let's just stare at Krystal in her new outfit for a few hours...

"Concentrate dang nabbit!"

Fine. With imprescise controls, the aparoids are defeated, the galaxy is saved, blah, blah, blah. Next.

STAR FOX COMMAND
user posted image

Would you look at that? Star Fox is going portable with Star Fox Command for the Nintendo DS. Now we get to stare at Krystal on a handheld!

Uhhh... I mean (looks at script)... The franchise returns to it's Arwing roots in Star Fox Command, with ships, barrel rolls & laser beams. Also the plot is a complex one, with twists & drama.... Wait a minute.... An evil bunch of creatures called Anglars emerge from the hostile planet Venom... Endanger the galaxy... But the Star Fox team has some issues, with Slippy findng a girlfriend... Falco flying solo... KRYSTAL KICKED OFF THE TEAM TO "PROTECT" HER?! WHAT?! Yes, apparently Fox had the "bright" idea that Krystal would be "protected" if she's off the team.

You know what that sounds like to me?
Fox: "I'm going to kick you out of Star Fox... Because I love you..."
Krystal: "Don't go all Twilight-emo on me! You're just miffed that I get more attention in recent Star Fox games then you do! I should know, I'm a telepath!"
Fox: "Lalalalalala! Can't hear you! Lalalala!"
Krystal: "*BLEEP* you!"

So yeah, Krystal joins the arch-rivals of Star Fox... A rag-tag team of mercenaries called Star Wolf, led by Wolf O' Donnell. Guess I should have mentioned Star Wolf back in part 1.

Now the game has multiple "choose your own path" situations & 9 endings (why a game would need more then 3 endings is a good question). Let's just spoil them all.

Ending 1= Basically, Slippy's girlfriend joins the team, Krystal returns to Star Fox & Andross has a nephew named Dash, who builds an empire on Venom. I guess you could use that ending for a future Star Fox game, although the idea of having Slippy & a girl Slippy on the team (and having to save them from their own incompetence) can be grating.

Ending 2= The Star Fox squad splits up with Fox promising to live a quiet life with Krystal. They have a son named Marcus (who actually looks like Wolf), who grows up to make the new Star Fox team with Peppy's (the rabbit's) kid, Slippy's kid & Falco. This ending should not be part of a future Star Fox game, as basically you're removing all the classic characters except Falco.

Ending 3= Star Fox is re-united... Until one dark day... Where Krystal decides to re-join Star Wolf for no apparent reason... Leaving Fox heart-broken. (That's what you get for trying to kick her out in the first place bozo!) Star Wolf gets famous & Krystal becomes despised by the public for abandoing Star Fox. (I would be saying: "Fox is a fool.") Krystal leaves for another galaxy & becomes a bounty hunter named Kursed... Fox does not recognize her years later.

NOOO!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE! It's like I'm watching the Twilight saga! Everyone is over-dramatic & common sense gets chucked out the window. This would have never happened if Fox didn't kick her out in the first place. You know what gets on my bad side? When vixens are mistreated. This is why I don't like Rika in Season 3 of Digimon, as she treats the equally gorgeous Renamon awfully half-way through the season. ARGH! This ending is horrible!

Ending 4= Same as above, only Krystal is not despised by the populace. STILL HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!

Ending 5= Fox & Krystal have some alone time & admit their love for each other (too Twilight-ish for me). Krystal re-joins Star Fox. This is actually the best ending, with the team re-united & heading out for future adventures.

Ending 6= Andross's nephew Dash makes the awful, inhabitable planet Venom, a lush & beautiful world. Then he decides that Corneria shouldn't be the galaxy's capital & declares war on Corneria. I guess this ending works.

I appear to have made a miscalculation... This is actually going to be a 3-parter cause this post is getting big.

TO BE CONTINUED
-The rest of the endings get revealed.
-My final opinion.
- My own 10th ending to Star Fox Command.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 31 2010, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Keep it up!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Nov 2 2010, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

And now to finally wrap up my 3-part article on Star Fox.

Ending 7= Slippy is an old man & has a whole lot of children. Okay, Slippy is infamous for being really annoying but it's kind of depressing to lose a member of the team.

Ending 8= Falco gets screwed over for some reason (don't know why exactly) & decides to start a new squad... Star Falco.

Ending 9= Star Wolf has taken everything that Fox has ever loved (which is what happens when you try to kick out gorgeous, telepathic vixens from your team bozo). Falco comes up with the idea to convert the arwings into racing vehicles. So yeah, they basically become an F-Zero racing squad. Great, so where's Captain Falcon? (Falcon Punch!)

SUMMARY
Krystal is hot... Uhhh... I mean, (clears throat) the Star Fox series is at it's best as a simpler rail shooter and while it's understandable that they would want to try something new with the series to keep it from stagnating, but a lot of it does not work that well (except for blue vixens of course). People know the series for ships, lasers & barrel rolls, not on-foot fetch quests. In fact, sales for the Star Fox games beyond Star Fox 64 were pretty low. The idea of a Star Fox game on the Wii (and no, remaking Star Fox 64 doesn't count) needs ship-oriented action & feel less like a soap opera.

Speaking of soap opera, why stop at 9 endings for Star Fox Command? I decided to make my own 10th ending.

"The day is saved,
blah, blah, blah.
Fox is still under
the foolish idea
that keeping Krystal
off the team would
"protect" her. (gag)

But Krystal's moved on
and found another group
of brave heroes who fearlessly
stand up to evil."

(Krystal is seen with... The Shovel Rangers from The Nathan Chronicals: Episode III)
Green Ranger= Nathan
Red Ranger= Renamon
Blue Ranger= Ben
Black Ranger= Gexup
Yellow Ranger= Chook-Ding
Pink Ranger= Krystal

Hope you all enjoyed my rant. Leave a comment if you like & see you next time. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be staring at my favorite Smash Bros. Brawl trophy.
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Nov 3 2010, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Good summary of the Star Fox series.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
WarioMan
 Posted: Nov 3 2010, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Warioware fanatic
Member No.: 15

Yeah. Pretty good. I never liked Star Fox Command much due to the soap-opera-ish storyline...

--------------------
"Faster than a donut! Stronger than cardboard! I am Wario-Man!!" ~Wario (from WarioWare: Touched!)

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra (from Neo Contra)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
-A very special thanks to Kenshin (aka. Yumifan) for these sigs.-
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (17) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins