Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (17) « First ... 15 16 17  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Love4Yumi's Review Station, Video games, movies, shows, top 10's,
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Awards: None

Hey everybody! It's that time of the year again!

It's time for pumpkin carving, trick or treating, and pumpkin-flavored foods & drinks, it's time for HALLOWEEN!

But what's really great about Halloween? The ability to run around in a costume. So for my reviews this month, I'm deeming October as COSTUME MONTH!

And what better way to start costume month then with a superhero movie? So come on tell me, what magnum opus am I reviewing to open costume month?
user posted image
AAAHHH!!! THE HORROR!

*Sigh* Time for the background behind this infamous movie.

This was the 4th movie in a series of Batman movies before Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. The first two movies were Batman & Batman Returns, both directed by Tim Burton. Those 2 movies were known for being very dark with a Gothic atmosphere. But Batman Returns was deemed a little too dark. The Penguin was kinda disgusting & the story was rather depressing.

So for the 3rd movie, Tim Burton was dumped for Joel Schumacher to direct Batman Forever. Batman Forever was defiantly more kid-friendly with Jim Carrey as the Riddler & a lot of bad jokes.

But any bad jokes in that movie PALE in comparison with this movie. So let's get this night in Arkham Asylum over with.
The movie begins with our heroes Batman & Robin (voiced by George Clooney & Chris O'Donnell respectively) putting on some questionably designed suits... But the music's nice & the Batmobile looks cool... Maybe this movie won't be so bad after all...

And then Robin whines about wanting his own car to impress chicks, leading to Batman saying "This is why Superman works alone".

Mother of Luna, this movie's gonna be painful, isn't it?

So Batman & Robin race off to a weird-looking museum where Mr. Freeze is out to steal a rare diamond.

Mr. Freeze in this movie is played by Arnold Schwarzenegger & it's not a bad casting decision... On paper at least.

Arnold did play the role of The Terminator & Mr. Freeze comes off like a robot, caring about nothing other then finding a cure for his ill wife & getting vengeance on those who wronged him. So, acting like The Terminator is not a bad idea.

But instead, the script calls for Arnold to make horrible ice puns EVERY COUPLE SECONDS THAT HE'S ON SCREEN!

"What killed the dinosaurs? (pause) The ice age!"
"Cool party!"
"Stay cool bird boy."

This movie can't be short enough...

Batman & Robin arrive at the museum & try to keep Freeze from the diamond, having a scene where our heroes are playing HOCKEY with a priceless diamond *groan*.

But Freeze nails Robin with a freeze ray and escapes, Batman staying behind to thaw Robin out.

Afterwards, we learn of Freeze's backstory. I'm surprised they got this much right about the character. So Arnold IS Mr. Freeze? Could have fooled me. He came off like a member of the blue-man group with a freeze ray, instructed by Joker to make as MANY BAD PUNS AS POSSIBLE!

Actually, I take that last part back. Even Joker would groan at the awful puns in this movie. And EVERY MAJOR CHARACTER MAKES THESE JOKES! ARGH!

It's very evident that this movie is nothing like the Burton ones. This movie makes the Adam West Batman show look like a murder drama. And another thing...

(Door knocks)

Who is it?

(Adam West Batman opens the door)
West: "There you are Robin! I need your help!"

But I'm not Robin.

West: "I may have found a trail at the nearby crime scene. Joker's up to no good & we need to stop him."

Fine, I'll go get my costume.
user posted image
West: "Excellent thinking chum. The Joker's goons won't recognize you dressed as a deranged milkman."

Derange- I'm the white power ranger!

West: "Whatever floats your boat, chum. We haven't got a moment to lose. TO THE BATMOBILE!"

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
WarioMan
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Warioware fanatic
Member No.: 15

Hoo, I'm loving this! Keep it up! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Faster than a donut! Stronger than cardboard! I am Wario-Man!!" ~Wario (from WarioWare: Touched!)

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra (from Neo Contra)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
-A very special thanks to Kenshin (aka. Yumifan) for these sigs.-
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

(Transition, then cuts to the Batmobile where Nathan is digging through the glove compartment)

Batarang, bat shark-repellent, bat credit card &... A $20 coupon for Spandex Emporium?

West: "Uh... That's evidence."

Riiight. Anyway, where are we going anyway?

West: "To the crime scene. We need to gather as much evidence as possible to possibly find where the Joker has gone."

(The Batmobile stops outside a movie theater)

A movie theater? What, did Joker come & steal all the popcorn or something?

West: "Remember chum, look for anything that can help us out in solving this crime."

If you ask me, the real crime being committed is charging this much for snacks.

"Thank goodness you're here Batman &... Deranged Milkman?"

HEY!

West: "What happened here in the last 48 hours?"

"Well, we got a mysterious cash check from someone called "Mr. E". He said he'd send another check if we played this movie in our theater." (Holds up the case for Batman & Robin)

West: "A movie?"

"When we played this movie for our unknowing audience, they just started drooling & staring at the screen blankly. It was as if their brains were shut off from reality thanks to the unending barrage of awful jokes in this movie."

West: "Obviously, someone knew how bad this movie was & didn't care about the audience's suffering. Hmmm... Mr. E sent the check... Of course! The Joker is in cahoots with Mr. Ed! The talking horse!

What?! How is that possible? How can Mr. Ed write a check? He's a HORSE! He doesn't have fingers!

West: "Good point chum. We need to continue our investigation. You look in the theater while I look in the bathrooms."

Anyway, back to the movie.

(Lightning hits the evil lab)
*Groan*

Anyway, she finds her boss is using a newly developed drug called "Venom" and uses it to beef up a WWE wrestler. Oh wait, that's supposed to be Bane, isn't it?

If I were to just tell you, the unassuming audience, that there was a Batman movie with Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Bane in it, you would have said "sounds like an awesome movie!"

Trying to flee the evil lab, Mrs. Pamela gets caught by her boss, who pushes her into a bunch of poison chemicals. Instead of dying however, Pamela comes back to life as the seductive Poison Ivy (good thing the poison chemicals gave her a neat costume to wear). She then gives her boss a poison kiss of death (literally) and sets the lab on fire & escapes with Bane, her evil plan in place. And what is that evil plan? It's to- you've never heard this one before... TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

OF COURSE!

Back with our heroes at Wayne Manor, they get a surprise visit from Alfred's niece Barbara Wilson.

Wait a minute. If Commissioner Gordon is her father & Alfred's her uncle... Does that mean Gordon & Alfred are brothers?

We then learn that Alfred is sick. Apparently, he's suffering from... I can't remember what they called it so I'm gonna call it "McGuffin Syndrome".

Later, at a press conference unveiling a new observatory, Poison Ivy shows up & proposes a project that would turn Gotham into a lush rainforest, but Bruce Wayne says bollocks to that idea.

And now we approach the scene from this movie that it's viewers remember... Later that night, a charity event is taking place. And just what is this charity event you ask?

Rich guys bidding on hot women to go out on a date with. Seriously. I'm not kidding. Is this even a legal practice in America?

But who needs money when you have my irresistible charm? (Dials a phone number)

Jackie: "Nathan, if you come trick-or-treating at my house this year, I'm calling the cops."
Nathan: "Hey Jackie. If you're not doing anything for Halloween this year, I've got an exciting night of bobbing for apples, pumpkin carving &-"
Jackie: "If you suggest Season 1 of Power Rangers again, I'm hanging up."
Nathan: "Actually, I have something even better then that."
Jackie: "Really?"
Nathan: "Yeah. I have ALL 3 seasons of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on DVD."
*Click*
Nathan: "Hello? *Sigh*"

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

LOL! Keep it up!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks, Shaddie-chan. My loving sister.
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 10 2013, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

So Poison Ivy crashes the sexist auction & I'm not kidding when I say any of this... Poison Ivy seductively makes a horrible joke "I've got some wild oats to sow...", blows a kiss, and hypnotizes Batman & Robin to actually start bidding on her... SERIOUSLY!

The price keeps going up & up till Batman offers $7 million & whips out a... Well... You know...

Bat Credit Card?! (Language warning)

But Mr. Freeze crashes the event & steals a diamond from the event, making more horrible ice-related jokes. But Batman manages to capture Mr. Freeze & he gets carted off to Arkham Asylum. But Robin's jealous & whines about how HE wanted to get Mr. Freeze.

Weh Weh Weh

But because Arkham Asylum has the security level of Swiss cheese, Ivy & Bane break out Mr. Freeze, but not before Ivy finds where Mr. Freeze has kept his frozen wife & pulls the plug on her, leaving her to die.

Of course Ivy tells Mr. Freeze that Batman killed his wife & Freeze vows revenge on society. Let me guess the next line. Is it... "First Gotham & then... The WORLD"? (Ding!)

That's it, where's my headache pills? This movie is too much! (Looks at the DVD case) Hmmm... What's this? (A close-up on the disk reveals a green question mark)

West: "Come over here! I found a clue in the hallway!"

What is it Batman?

West: "I found a set of novelty wind-up teeth. Joker loves these things. He must have dropped it while trying to escape. We've got him now."

(Nathan looks closely & sees a tiny green question mark on the teeth)

There it is again... (Looks around the room & sees a piece of paper taped to the wall)

Hey Batman, I think I found a clue. (Reading the paper: "While you fools are busy with apple bobbin', I'm duping people with __________"). Hmmm...

West: "I suspect Joker's hideout is at the Whoopie Cushion factory. We should get over there."

Hang on a second Batman. We should head to the Batcave first. I suspect someone else is playing a joke on us....
Anyway, Ivy tries to give Robin a poison kiss of death, but Robin reveals that he's been wearing rubber lips & has uncovered Ivy's evil scheme... But Batman & Robin are getting their costumes handed to them & seem to be no match for the evil plants. What will our heroes do now?

Well lucky for them, Barbara stumbles upon a CD & decodes it, finding out what really any person not high on paint fumes would... She finds out that Bruce Wayne & Dick Grayson are indeed Batman & Robin. DUN-DUN-DUN!!!!

But that's not all. Alfred left a virtual recording that basically says that he KNEW she would find out who Batman & Robin are, KNEW she would discover the Batcave AND has prepared a Batgirl costume for her to go out & fight crime.

Well duh, everyone knows THAT story.

So Barbara shows up to save the night as the fearsome Batgirl, who engages Poison Ivy in battle.

And this movie can't even make a chick fight interesting. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!

She manages to knock Ivy into her own man-eating plant & she (I'm not kidding) shouts "CURSES!" before being devoured. This movie makes me cringe!

So Barbara saves Batman & Robin & reveals her identity to them. Because the little mask on her EYES hides her FACE so well. *Facepalm*

But Mr. Freeze is still on the loose & plotting to freeze Gotham with a giant ray gun. But our heroes have a plan to calibrate the... Reverse the sunlight-thingy... Undo the freezing thingy. So they fight off the dim-witted Bane... Hold on a minute.

Bane was the guy who broke Batman's back once. He developed an incredible level of concentration while spending his childhood in prison & is one of Batman's greatest foes. But in this movie, he's about as dumb as the putties on Power Rangers. Does this movie get ANYTHING right?

Batman manages to defeat Freeze & undoes the freezing of Gotham, leaving behind only poor-looking rubber icicles. The day is saved.

But wait, Alfred is still having "McGuffin Syndrome". But lucky for our heroes, Freeze's wife is suffering from THE SAME THING AS ALFRED & having a change of heart, gives Batman the 2 cure vitals he kept in his suit. Hey wait a minute, why didn't he use them on his FROZEN WIFE?! Hello?!

But this movie wouldn't be complete without one last awful joke from Arnold Schwarzenegger. Gee, is it... "Take 2 & call me in the morning?" (Ding!) ARRRGH!

So Alfred is healthy again, the villains are in Arkham & all is right with the world. But what to do about Barbara? Should she go back to school? Or should she just drop her studies, wear spandex, & fight crime? They pick door #2 & the movie is finally over. Thank Celestia! It's finally over!

And now that the movie's over, we can finally solve this crime to humanity. TO THE BATCAVE!

West: "That's my line, for the record."

TO BE CONTINUED (See who inflicted this movie upon the world tomorrow)

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 12 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

LOL! You're doing great with this review.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 12 2013, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

(The Batmobile is driving towards a cave with a neon sign above it that says: "Not a secret lair".)

West: "That reminds me, we need to stock up on bat air fresheners. What exactly is your plan chum?"

I need to bring up the records for Arkham Asylum. See who's currently doing time. Let's see... Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc... Joker."

West: "But if Joker's still at Arkham, then how did wind-up teeth end up at the theater near the crime scene? (Nathan has his hand on his head) What's the matter?"

I just got a headache. I just got done going over that awful Batman & Robin movie &... (Eyes widen) Wait a minute! (Pulls out the paper found earlier & reads it aloud: "While you fools are busy with apple bobbin', I'm duping people with Batman & Robin!" I know who's behind all this!

West: "Scarecrow?"

No, It's... The Riddler! (dun-dun-dun!)

West: "Why would the Riddler care about an awful movie?"

It's not just an awful movie. It's the worst superhero movie of all time. It's a movie so awful that it brain drains anyone who watches it. Riddler's an egomaniac & feels the need to prove he's smarter then everyone else. By pulling some strings & re-releasing this movie in theaters, what better way to prove how "superior" he is then by dumbing everyone else down? He just used the wind-up teeth to make us THINK Joker was involved.

West: "So Mr. E was... Mystery... I should have seen right through that since the beginning of this review! But where could he possibly be hiding? He could be anywhere in Gotham."

Given the quality of this movie, I think I have an idea. TO THE MOVIE THEATER!
(Transition)

Rotted like this movie. The evil lair must be behind this dumpster! (Begins pushing it)

Riddler: "What's that noise?! It can't be! There's no way Bat-brain could have solved my riddle & tracked me here!"

West: "It's over Edward Nigma."

Riddler: "Far from it Dork Knight. Rough them up boys!" (A bunch of goons come out from the hole in the theater wall)

West: "Ready yourself chum. These goons mean business."

Finally! An action scene!

(Batman & Nathan fight off the goons with sound effects) (POW! BIFF! KER-BAM!)

Hiyah! Chit-Ohya!

West: "Are those hiyahs really needed right now?"

Riddler: "Well done fools. Your ridiculous sound effects beat my neanderthal minions, but you'll never beat me. Soon this movie will dumb down everyone in Gotham! And then, I'll dumb down Flordia! And then Texas! And then California! I'll dumb down the whole nation! And with enough dumb people, I'll become president! And once I become president, I'll have everything I need to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! And when I take over the world, I'll-"

Quickly Batman! Tape this iPod to your Batarang while he's rambling! It's our only chance!"

(Batman throws the Batarang & it sticks to the wall next to Riddler)

Riddler: "What the-?!"

(The iPod is playing scene from the Batman & Robin movie)

Riddler: "Argh! These jokes are terrible! Feeling dumb... Make it stop! Derrr... I'm getting stupid! I gotta get outta here! (Spots a movie screen) So long dork knight!" (Runs through the movie screen)

Batman! He's getting away!

West: "No he won't chum. Don't you know what's behind these movie screens?... Solid concrete."

Riddler: (Muffled) "I can't feel my face."

West: "Thanks for your help chum. If it wasn't for you reviewing Batman & Robin, then the Riddler would have dumbed down the whole world."

Riddler: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if weren't for you meddling kids & your stupid dog!"

West: "Wrong franchise Edward."

Riddler: "My head..."

I'd love to stick around Batman. But I'm needed back at the command center. May the power protect you, always. (Walks off into the sunset, but as Nathan leaves, Robin shows up)

Robin: "I've been looking everywhere for you Batman. So where's the crime?"

West: "This is awkward..."

Riddler: "CURSE YOU DERANGED MILKMAN!"

Pros:
- I didn't die while watching.

Cons:
-These jokes are worse then a Carlos Mencia act.
-You could cast anyone you wanted as Batman, but the awful writing kills any talent.
-Arnold Schwarzenegger does an awful imitation of Joker instead of Mr. Freeze.
-Plot holes.
-Did I mention the horrible jokes? Seriously, Pinkie Pie could write a better comedy.
-Felt dumber while watching this.

Tune in next time for a morphonominal review.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 13 2013, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Great review.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 23 2013, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Greetings my fellow Halloween patrons & welcome back to Costume Month.

I kinda gave you guys a big hint about my next review. With me being a big fan of Power Rangers, this was inevitable. It's time to review for costume month...

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS THE MOVIE
user posted image

So strap on your morphers & make sure your helmet's on just right, cause it's morphin time!

It begins with our heroes Rocky, Billy, Adam, Kimberly, Aisha, and Tommy joining the comedy relief duo of Bulk & Skull in Angel Grove's charity sky-diving event. (What's with all the weird events in this town anyway? I recall they had a dirt-biking event for charity once)

So the rangers jump off the plane with some action music in the background. BTW, this movie is full of licensed songs from artists like Van Halen, Devo, Red Host Chilli Peppers & others. And yet no Ron Wasserman? You know, the guy who writes pretty much ALL OF POWER RANGERS THEME SONGS?!

Moving on, Bulk & Skull land in a nearby construction site, where the construction crew have uncovered a giant, purple egg.

At the command center, we see the mentor figure for the power rangers, a giant holographic head in a tube named Zordon & his robot assistant Alpha 5. They are alerted to the giant egg & contact our heroes to let them know of the untold evil that is... Purple eggs & ham.

Too bad for our spandex-clad heroes, because our villains find the giant Easter egg first. We see the iconic power ranger bad guys. We see Lord Zedd, Rita Repulsa, Goldar &...
user posted image
Who the heck is that guy?

No seriously, he's never been on the show or anything. Could they not get a Finster costume so they had to raid the scrap bin of the "Warriors Of Virtue" movie?

And before you ask me to look it up this "Mordant" guy on Wikipedia, I did & it took me to some kind of quilt fabric page.

So Zedd, Rita, Goldar & whatever he is, gather around the egg & talk about it's untold evil &- they don't sound like they do on the show.

Rita uses a very high-pitched voice on the show, but not this movie & instead of his usual voice, Zedd sounds more like that kid in class who had the really deep voice growling his lines. Kinda weird, because they are voiced by the same actors as the show, Robert Axelrod & Barbara Goodson.

Anyway, they open the egg & out comes... A purple Jim Carrey! AAAHHH!!!
user posted image

Actually this purple nurple is known as Ivan Ooze. So Lord Zedd explains his desire of evil conquest & asks Ivan if he knows Zordon of Eltar to which he responds by shooting purple lightning out of his fingertips & screaming at the sky: "ARRRRRRGH!"

Sounds like a fairy common answer to me.

Ami: "Hey Nathan. Which way is the nearest Dunkin Donuts?"
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
Yumi: "He said that way."

Ooze says that he'll destroy Zordon & make it as if Zordon never existed. So Zedd basically tells Ivan "Good, me & Rita will now go offscreen for our coffee break. Have fun."

Ivan smells the air around him & says he smells... Teenagers.

Smells like teen spirit to me. Anyway, Ivan creates some purple ooze minions & sends them to attack our arriving heroes while he looks for Zordon.

So our teenage sky-diving heroes arrive on site & engage the purple putties unmorphed. But when our heroes get cornered, they finally activate their morphin powers of awesome & fight off the goons.

But alas for our heroes, Zordon is in trouble as Ooze finds the command center & smashes up the place, dismantling Alpha 5 & shattering Zordon's energy tube.

Our heroes lose their powers & travel to the command center (if teens can get to it on foot, how has no one else found it yet?).

Our heroes go & find the wreckage in the command center & see the shattered energy tube, with a dying old man in it. It actually is kinda cool to know that Zordon was more then just a hologram head. Alpha tells our heroes that they need to travel to dangerous planet #5 at least, in order to find new powers to stop Ivan & save Zordon. After Tommy makes a speech about them still being power rangers (which is technically wrong, they'd just be rangers but whatever), our heroes set off on their adventure to save the world!

TO BE CONTINUED
Will the power rangers save the day?
Will they find some riddiculous stuff along the way?
What will be the final score for this movie?

Find out next time on Mighty Love4Yumi Review Station!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 25 2013, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Keep it up!

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Love4Yumi
 Posted: Oct 26 2013, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Meanwhile, at the "inexplicably has oxygen & gravity moon castle", Zedd & Rita are celebrating the destruction of Zordon, but problems arise when Ivan Ooze wants to run the place. Lord Zedd tells him off, calling him a "clown". But Ivan uses his unmatched powers of evil & darkness to... Trap Rita & Zedd in a snow globe? That's weird.

Not wanting to end up on a dollar store shelf themselves, Goldar & Whatever His Name Is, surrender themselves & pledge loyalty to Ivan Ooze. So now Ivan Ooze begins his evil plan to CONQUER THE WORLD!

OF COURSE!

So Ivan begins his evil plan. Disguising himself as a carnival wizard, Ivan Ooze gives away free jars of ooze to the children in the hopes of having it brainwash their parents into being his zombie-like minions.
user posted image
The Gak is a lie!

What does Ivan Ooze want with brainwashed humans? He wants a work force to dig up Ectomorphicon Titans, evil zord-like war machines buried on the planet's surface long ago. Jeez, just how many evil contraptions of doom are buried on this planet anyway? Some kid friend of the rangers watches on in horror.

Speaking of planets, the rangers arrive on the planet Phadeos. But Ivan Ooze doesn't want them to succeed in their journey, so the rangers are attacked by Ivan's "Tengoo" minions. They are so identical to the Tengas from season 3 of the show, that I'm just gonna call them Tengas.

Our heroes are struggling to fight off Season 3's replacement for the putties until a... Rather scantily-clad warrior chick arrives & fends off the evil birds by... Swinging some sticks up & down. The heck?

After the weird stick swinging, the warrior lady named Dulcea tells the rangers where to go in order to find "the great power".

So the power rangers need religion to defeat Ivan Ooze?

She tells them to harness their animal spirit guide or some other hippy stuff in order to succeed in their journey. Rocky has the spirit of the gorilla, Billy has the wolf, Aisha has the bear, Kimberley has the crane, Tommy has the Falcon, and Adam has a frog (LOL!).

They each have virtues like strength, speed, wisdom, etc. But when Adam mopes about being a frog, Dulcea tells him that with a kiss he becomes a handsome prince.

So wait, his power is kissing? The others get strength, speed, and he gets kissing? I'm sorry, but even in a show where the moon can have sunny weather & have a space garbage can with an evil witch in it, that's pretty stupid.

So the heroes find their way through the jungle of Planet Name I Forgot & find an ancient temple, where they use their animal spirit mumbo jumbo & fight off against... Mini-versions of the Rock Biter from The Neverending Story.
user posted image
They look like big, *beep*-kicking hands... Don't they?

So our heroes fight them off with... The ninja costumes from season 3?

At first, I thought this movie was just ripping off season 3, but after careful research, I found that this movie was a few months BEFORE season 3 came out. Replace Dulcea with Ninjor & you have the new powers of season 3 in a nutshell.

So they beat the rock creatures, morph back into their old costumes & head back to Earth.

Back on Earth, the evil zord things have been dug up. Having outlived their usefulness to Ivan Ooze, they are ordered to jump off a cliff. But thanks to the efforts of Bulk & Skull with the help of the Angel Grove kids & their... FIRE TRUCKS & MONORAIL TRAINS?! How do kids even know how to drive these things? I'd be crashing into everything just trying to drive a pickup truck, let alone these things!

The rangers arrive in the nick of time & help them in saving their parents. And now, it's time for the most famous part of power rangers... The megazord fight. Let's see how epic this colossal battle will be on the big screen &- MOTHER OF LUNA!
user posted image
CGI?! Seriously?!

Yep, they used CGI for the Megazord & monster brawl, and boy is it HIDEOUS! You could pick up a Megazord toy & random monster toy from Wal-Mart, Photoshop them into these scenes & it would still look better then this!

After destroying one of the fugly CGI bad guys, Ivan gets mad & decides to fuse himself with the other monster to destroy the rangers himself. The rangers are getting their ugly CGI behinds kicked until they get the idea to lure Ivan off the planet. They fly off into outer space with Ivan Ooze in pursuit. The 2 CGI monstrosities fly past Zedd & Rita's snow globe where the villains ironically are rooting FOR the power rangers.

And to be honest, the best thing that came from this movie... Is the movie's orchestra version of the show's theme song & it is friggin AWESOME!
GO GO AWESOMNESS!

So why did the rangers lure Ivan into space? To get him hit by Ryan's Comet. How are the rangers gonna do that? Are they gonna unlock some super-ultra megazord mode? Are they gonna nail him with some really powerful, awesome finisher move?

They kick him in the groin, he stumbles in the path of the comet & explodes.

Let me repeat that, they kick him in the groin, he stumbles into the path of the comet & explodes. Words can't express how hard I'm face-palming right now.

So Ivan's brainwashing wears off & the day is saved... But when the rangers return to the command center, Zordon is dead. All hope is lost... Until Tommy has the idea of: "with the great power, all things are possible".

And that includes people coming back from the dead, as they all gather in a circle & stretch there arms out as magic sparkles fill the command center, restoring everything to the way it was.

YAY! Disney magic saves the day again! Meanwhile at the moon castle, with Ivan gone, Goldar decides to declare himself king of the universe... Right as Zedd & Rita show up. *Insert wah-wah music* The end.

SCORE: 3/5

PROS
-The movie's awesome orchestra theme song!
-The fight scenes were pretty good... CGI not included.
-The ranger's costumes look more like battle armor.

CONS
-Incredibly awful CGI effects.
-Adam the frog has the power of kissing apparently.
-The climactic battle was weak.

This was an okay movie, it wasn't mind-blowing, it wasn't awful, it was just a decent movie for fans of the show.

Hope you all enjoyed costume month. I'd love to stick around & enjoy some candy corn, but I have to find "the great power" and defeat lousy CGI effects. Until next time, may the power protect you.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Nov 3 2013, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Great review.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (17) « First ... 15 16 17  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins