Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> A Letter from CN about HHPAY
Zillaman
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Awards: None

A friend of mine on Youtube who's a big fan of HHPAY, wrote a letter to CN asking about it, and they actually responded. And here is their response:

Dear Matthew-

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cartoon Network regarding our original series, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi. We certainly appreciate that fans such as yourself enjoyed Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi ---- unfortunately, the program was not able to build an audience large enough to keep it in production. Although the series is no longer airing on Cartoon Network, we will certainly share your feedback with our programming department for careful consideration.

In the meantime, we encourage you to sample upcoming episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Adventure Time, which we believe you'll find very appealing as well.

Once again, thank you for your correspondence and for your continued loyalty to Cartoon Network. We sincerely appreciate your viewership.

Sincerely,

Tiffany Smith

Cartoon Network Public Relations

So, what do you guys think? Are you glad we finally got some word from them?

My only complaint is that she claimed it didn't builed an audience large enough to keep it in production. Yet, it was one of their highest rated shows, and they greenlit a forth season before they canceled it, so that doesn't make any sense.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Thanks, Shaddie-chan. My loving sister.
PM
^
Jetblackheartgirl92
 Posted: Sep 20 2011, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

That's awesome! We finally got some word from Cartoon Network Themselves.

--------------------
user posted image
Staaay fresh!-calie and Marie,splatoon

user posted image
"You mess with me your playing with fire! I'm Glitter Sunny!"-Kelesy glitter sunny from Glitter Force
user posted image
"Cool, swift as the winter wind. I'm glitter breeze!"- chloe/glitter breeze from glitter force
user posted image
Some of my favorite glitter sunny Japanese songs ever
One for all http://christylovesmikey92.tumblr.com/post...l-smile-precure
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
hgwqhge3
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 59

QUOTE (Zillaman @ Sep 18 2011, 08:22 PM)
unfortunately, the program was not able to build an audience large enough to keep it in production.

Wow, that is their excuse? The show had at it's premiere the highest rating ever for a CN show, had very high ratings (season 1, 2 and part of season 3) and had 2006 started production in of season 4 in 2006(meaning that the ratings from season 3 weren't bad, but good. )
The fact that in 2006, the show got canceled, the 4th season stopped production and that even 5 episodes weren't shown in the US shows that someting else was the problem. I think that they canceled the show, because Sam Register left Cartoon Network at that time. Also Cartoon Network could have at least showed reruns of the older episodes (they gave so many chances to Cn real, Out of Jimmy's head, Class of 3000.....It makes no sense they don't give a chance to a show that was second best at ratings in 2004, 2005 and early 2006).

Let's hope Boomerang will s ow this show in the future! Boomerang Europe showed a few of CN unsuccessful shows(Sheep in the Big city, Time squad, Mike, lu & og....these only lasted for 2 seasons ). Also Cartoon Network Europe doesn't deny that HHPAY was shown in the past. It is still listed under the Trademark information, the games are on the site and if you're lucky you can sometimes see a bumper where HHPAY appear....) So I think Boomerang Europe will show it.....

Also HHPAy was done in Flash, making the production cheaper than most other shows Cn had in the past....

Also I am asking myself why did they Cancel HHPAy, but greenlit Problem Solverz for another season. That show is terrible! Everybody hates it, it has bad ratings and got lost of criticism! I think if they would have showed reruns of HHPAY now, it would have had better ratings than all of their present shows

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
^
Kaseykockroach
 Posted: Oct 17 2011, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

" In the meantime, we encourage you to sample upcoming episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Adventure Time, which we believe you'll find very appealing as well."
What human being would find these shows appealing? Just wondering.

--------------------
Closetshipper.deviantart.com

user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Zillaman
 Posted: Oct 17 2011, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Good question, Kasey.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
xDarkT769x
 Posted: Oct 27 2011, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 107

It's about time we get a response from them.
PM
^
ArthurEngine
 Posted: May 17 2012, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 160

[QUOTE=Zillaman,Sep 19 2011, 06:22 AM]A friend of mine on Youtube who's a big fan of HHPAY, wrote a letter to CN asking about it, and they actually responded. And here is their response:

unfortunately, the program was not able to build an audience large enough to keep it in production.

Wow! Not a big enough audience? That's their excuse? The show, when it premiered, scored the best ever CN premiere ratings and all 3 seasons had rather good ratings. In late 2004, 2005 and early 2006, all seasons had good ratings and the 2nd season had the 2nd highest ratings behind Foster's Home. They greenlit a 4th season before its cancellation and they didn't show any of the last 5 episodes means something else was the reason for its cancellation. Maybe because Sam left Cartoon Network around that time. Cartoon Network could at least repeat the first 2 seasons. They gave so many chances to Cartoon Network Real, Out of Jimmy's Head, Class of Three Thousand, Squirrel Boy....It's a major shame they don't even give a chance to their 2nd best rated show.

Let's hope Boomerang will broadcast this show in the future. Boomerang showed Mike, Lu & Og, Sheep in the Big City and Megas XLR. Those shows only lasted for 2 seasons.

And I ask myself. Why did they cancel Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi? But why did they greenlight The Problem Solverz for an extra season? That show is abysmal! Everyone despises it. It has terrible ratings, it got lots of contempt and criticism. And why do they do the same thing to Secret Mountain Fort Awesome? That show is more than one trillion times worse than The Problem Solverz! I would say, if Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi returned nowadays, it would score better ratings than most of their current programs.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
Oh, Banana!
user posted image
PM
^
Kaseykockroach
 Posted: May 17 2012, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

If I recall correctly, CN was building it up with dolls, video games, etc. They were anticipating HHPAY to be a PPG-esque cash cow (thus why we were showered with HHPAY merchandise, yet you'd be hard-pressed to find, say, a Courage plushie). Thus, they were bound to be disappointed.

--------------------

user posted image
^
Zillaman
 Posted: May 20 2012, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

So, your saying to make the show just to sell merchandise? Why did they need to do that? The show was just fine as a show by itself, it didn't need to be used to sell merchandise.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Kaseykockroach
 Posted: May 22 2012, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

As in, that was the only reason the show was made. Well, there's two reasons. They wanted to popularize the band in America, and CN was hoping to find "the next PPG".

--------------------

user posted image
^
ArthurEngine
 Posted: Jun 15 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

If I recall correctly, some people have been wondering why this show was cancelled. I used to think that HHPAY's cancellation was because CN wanted to put Class of 3000 on the air. But, even if it was the reason, Class of 3000, only lasting for 2 seasons and getting sued in late 2008, failed at replacing Puffy.

--------------------
Oh, Banana!
user posted image
PM
^
Jetblackheartgirl92
 Posted: Jun 16 2012, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (ArthurEngine @ Jun 15 2012, 06:28 PM)
If I recall correctly, some people have been wondering why this show was cancelled. I used to think that HHPAY's cancellation was because CN wanted to put Class of 3000 on the air. But, even if it was the reason, Class of 3000, only lasting for 2 seasons and getting sued in late 2008, failed at replacing Puffy.

I used to think that too! thanks for the real reason for it.

--------------------
user posted image
Staaay fresh!-calie and Marie,splatoon

user posted image
"You mess with me your playing with fire! I'm Glitter Sunny!"-Kelesy glitter sunny from Glitter Force
user posted image
"Cool, swift as the winter wind. I'm glitter breeze!"- chloe/glitter breeze from glitter force
user posted image
Some of my favorite glitter sunny Japanese songs ever
One for all http://christylovesmikey92.tumblr.com/post...l-smile-precure
^
ArthurEngine
 Posted: Jun 16 2012, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JoeJonasFan92 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (ArthurEngine @ Jun 15 2012, 06:28 PM)

I used to think that too! thanks for the real reason for it.

You're very welcome. http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/HGM_2007/HH3/yumi_win.gif

--------------------
Oh, Banana!
user posted image
PM
^
ArthurEngine
 Posted: Jul 1 2012, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Or maybe another reason for its cancellation was in Manga Madness, Yumi said "American cartoons are terrible!"

--------------------
Oh, Banana!
user posted image
PM
^
ArthurEngine
 Posted: Jul 1 2012, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I think another reason for HHPAY's cancellation I think may have been, in 2006, they didn't advertise some of its final episodes. And people who liked this show had no idea when to sit on their couch to watch it.

--------------------
Oh, Banana!
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins